8 January 2013

New Year and New Beginnings

I’m not one for resolutions and such, but I do like to approach the start of a year with a refreshed outlook. Part of that is for me to ramp up my blog action among other activities.

A week has passed of 2013 and Laura and I have already spent a week living in the Bristol village of Stoke Gifford. We’re living in a new place, in a part of the country that is new to both of us and Laura has just started a new job. The area has a great focus on nature, which I’m looking forward to becoming involved with. Bristol is the city that is responsible for producing most of David Attenborough’s wildlife series. Another claim to fame is being the home of Wallace and Gromit’s Aardman studios. The city of Bristol will be invaded by 60 giant Gromit statues throughout the middle of the year, which will be a focal point of one of many  photographic projects that I’m looking forward to.

Bristol is a city that seems to embrace the different and the eccentric - much of the central city area is an urban canvas to street art, perhaps much to the credit of possibly the art form’s most famous exponent, Banksy, who originates from the city.

 

I will keep this post short - as I’m depending on public internet at present - but wish everyone else out there an exciting and adventurous 2013.

 

- Graham

No comments:

Post a Comment